This programme aims to:
- Assist students in developing their English proficiency through the study of and exposure to a wide range of professional communicative contexts, locally and internationally.
- Acquaint students with a basic theoretical understanding of the use of English in Professional Communication, and the impact of globalization on the use of English.
- Cultivate students' ability to analyze the English language, and its use in specific professional and business contexts.
- Develop in students an appreciation for the relationship between communication and culture, bringing an awareness of the roles and rules of language both within and across a range of intercultural and intra-cultural contexts.
- Offer students basic training in the use of English in professional and corporate communication.
- Develop in students the ability to critically evaluative and reflect on language use and build their interpersonal skills for different professional contexts.